Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Chicken Enchilladas, Beans & Rice



This was so Good! I cooked the chicken in 2 cans of diced tomatoes with chiles, onion, garlic, oregano & crushed red pepper, in the crock-pot for 5 hrs on high. I got the tortillas at Tortilleria, since they are made fresh there, I think it makes a lot of difference. Next I made the sauce using; 2 T. flour, 3 T. chilli powder, 1 t. cocoa, 1/2 t. garlic salt + 3 cups of water .. Combine ingredients stirring in a saucepan until it begins to thicken. Add 8oz of tomato sauce.
Next I dipped each tortilla in warm olive oil, put a little sauce, chicken shredded and cheese on each, rolled and placed seam side down in a cast iron skillet. After filling the skillet, I topped it with some more of the chicken, tomatoes and cheese. Placed it in a 350 degree oven and baked for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment